Transit the U.S.
Transit Visa (C1)
A person transiting through the United States requires a transit visa. A valid tourist (B2) visa may also be used to transit the United States. If you are traveling for this purpose you are on the right page.
- Photo: Recent color passport size with white background and one electronic photo for your online application. (JPEG file format / 240 KB or less) REMINDER: No head covers except for religious purposes.
- Pay your fee at Commercial Bank of Qatar to receive the yellow receipt for each application. REMINDER: Fees are not refundable and they are not transferrable.
- Click here for price of visa: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#temp
- Some applicants may need to pay another fee click here to find out: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html
- One application for each person (also for each child): https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ (Please print confirmation page.)
- Schedule and confirm one appointment per person 14 years of age or older. Each person 14 years old and above requires a seperate appointment. Click to schedule: https://evisaforms.state.gov/default.asp?postcode=DOH&appcode=3
- Letter from your employer with your position, start date, and monthly salary on company letterhead
- Last six months of continuous bank statements from your bank (From Local Qatari Bank or home country, electronic or original)
- Expired passports (if you have them)
- Dual nationals, please bring both passports (if this applies to you)
Attend Your Interview:
- Yellow Commercial Bank Receipt
- Application Confirmation Page
- Appointment Confirmation Page
- (Keep supporting documents separate)
Personal appearance is required by applicants 14 years and older on the day of their scheduled appointment. Arrive not more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. To speed up the process for entry, only applicants are required to come.
Fraud Prevention Unit
STOP SCAMSContact the Fraud Prevention Unit if you have information or questions regarding scams relating to documents, passports, U.S. Visas or U.S. Immigration. We are open Sunday thru Thursday, except official holidays, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Telephone: +974 4496 6000 ext. 6310