Business / Tourist
Business (B1) / Tourism (B2)
Every person must complete the following procedures separately if traveling for business or tourism. These procedures are for all nationalities, adults and children of every age living in Qatar. If you are traveling for a business meeting, conference, company training, visiting someone, vacation, sightseeing, or short course less than 18 hours per week, you are on the right page.
How to Apply
Please begin by reading all the requirements first to understand what you will need to process your visa application. We recommend completing the procedures in order to avoid delays.
- Arange your photo first before completing your applicaiton: Recent color passport size with white background and one electronic photo for your online application. (JPEG file format / 240 KB or less) REMINDER: No head covers except for religious purposes.
Go to any branch of Commercial Bank of Qatar with your original passport and pay your fee to receive the yellow receipt for each application. REMINDER: Fees are valid for one year. They are not refundable and not transferrable.
Click here for price of visa: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#temp
Some applicants may need to pay another fee click here to find out: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html
- Please complete one application for each person to include children of all ages. Print the Confirmaiton page only for each application. https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
- Please schedule and confirm your appointment by visiting the following link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/default.asp?postcode=DOH&appcode=3
Each person, to include children, requires a seperate appointment.
- Current Passport valid for six months. Please ensure your passport is not attached to multiple expired passports.
- Letter from your employer with your position, start date, and monthly salary on company letterhead
- Last six months of continuous bank statements from your bank (From Local Qatari Bank or home country, electronic or original)
- Expired passports (if you have them)
- Dual nationals, please bring both passports (if this applies to you)
On the day of your scheduled appointment please present the following to the Consular Staff at the front gate:
- Current Passport Only
- Yellow Commercial Bank Receipt
- Application Confirmation Page
- One original photo
Please Note: Another form of picture ID is required for each person to present to security for entry. Without your ID you will not be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy.
Personal appearance is required by applicants 14 years and older on the day of their scheduled appointment. Arrive not more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. To speed up the process for entry please do not bring purses, bags, electronics, or toiletries.