The U.S. Embassy will be closed to the public on Sunday, October 11, 2015 in observance of Columbus Day.
The Consular Section will be closed to the public and closed for all routine services on Monday, October 12, 2015.
Customer Service Statement to Visa Applicants
The Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the U.S. and those within its borders, whether visitors or residents. We are committed to the concept of essential openness and we welcome and encourage legitimate travel to the U.S., as epitomized by our motto, "Secure Borders, Open Doors." We promise to you, the visa applicant that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect, even if we are unable to grant you a visa.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique. We will remember that to you, a visa interview may be a new or intimidating experience and that you may be nervous.
- We will use the limited time available for the interview to get as full a picture as possible of your travel plans and intentions.
- We will use our available resources to assist fairly all applicants in making appointments to allow travel in time for business, study, and other important obligations.
- We will post detailed and accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures on every Embassy and Consulate website.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Be forthcoming about your purpose and plans.
- Prepare for your interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.
- Treat our staff with dignity and respect.
Do You Need to Have a Document Stamped by Us?Click here to find out how: http://qatar.usembassy.gov/notaries.html