Messages for US Citizens and Registering with the Embassy
Registering with the U.S. Embassy
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
If you plan to travel to or reside in Qatar, please register with the U.S. Embassy to receive consular specific information and messages for Qatar. Messages contain information that is very useful for residents and travelers.
To register, click on the Smart Traveler Enrollemnt Program (STEP) link below by "Creating an Account" then "Adding a Trip". This same program is also used to unregister with the U.S. Embassy when you depart Qatar. To unregister, please login to STEP then add a departure date to your "Existing Trip" information. On this date, the system will automatically unregister your trip with our embassy.
Messages for U.S. Citizens
- Security Message, July 6, 2015 - Safety Alert
- Security Message, April 9, 2015 - Incident Information
- Security Message , October 28, 2014 - Safety Alert
- Information on MERS for U.S. Citizens, May 06, 2014
- Emergency Message, February 27, 2014 - Explosion near Landmark Mall
- Emergency Message, August 5, 2013 -Embassy Closure Update
- Message, August 2, 2013 - World Wide Travel Alert
- Emergency Message, August 1, 2013 - Embassy Closure