Application Requirements for Renewing a Passport
Before appearing for your passport interview with a Consular Officer, you must:
- Application: Complete and print https://pptform.state.gov/?Submit2=Complete+Online+%26+Print (Expedited services are not available overseas.)
- Schedule and Confirm Appointment: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=DOH&appcode=1
For emergencies, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an earlier appointment.
- 1 Photograph:
- Recent photo taken in the last six months
- Photo must have a white background
- You must be completely facing forward, showing full face
- Photo must measure 5 cm x5 cm (2x2 inches)
Click the following link for more details: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo-Quality-Requirements.pdf
- Processing Fee: USD 110 or QR 402 exact cash or major credit card only The fee is paid at the embassy on the day of your scheduled appointment. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Your Passport: Please remember to bring your passport on the day of your scheduled appointment.
- Complete a passport application online and print it out. If you do not have a social security number, please enter all zeros into the social security field.
Important Notice: U.S. citizens who do not schedule individual appointments for all applicants or provide an online application form will be asked to return to the U.S. Embassy on another business day. Also, please be aware that your appointment refers to the time you should arrive in the Consular Section, including anticipating drive time and security screening. Please plan accordingly and take a number once you arrive in the Consular Section.
Passport Collection Procedure
After your application has been adjudicated by a Consular Officer, you may return to the U.S. Embassy to collect your new passport without an appointment. This may be done only on the date given to you by the Consular Officer and only during our American Citizen Services business hours. The U.S. Embassy will not keep your old passport while we process your application, but you must present your old passport when you pick-up your new one. A Consular Officer will cancel your old passport at that time.
For a wealth of other passport and travel information, please visit the State Department website.