Key Business Links
U.S. Government Resources
- Department of Commerce: The Commerce Department's mission is to help make American businesses more innovative at home and more competitive abroad. Comprised of 12 different agencies responsible for everything from weather forecasts to patent protection, the Commerce Department touches the lives of Americans every day.
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: Ex-Im Bank is the official export-credit agency of the United States. The independent federal government agency helps to create and maintain U.S. jobs by financing the sales of U.S. exports, primarily to emerging markets throughout the world, providing loan guarantees, export-credit insurance and direct loans.
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) is responsible for developing and coordinating U.S. international trade, commodity, and direct investment policy, and overseeing negotiations with other countries. The head of USTR is the U.S. Trade Representative, a Cabinet member who serves as the president’s principal trade advisor, negotiator, and spokesperson on trade issues.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: OPIC is the U.S. Government’s development finance institution. It mobilizes private capital to help solve critical development challenges and in doing so, advances U.S. foreign policy. Because OPIC works with the U.S. private sector, it helps U.S. businesses gain footholds in emerging markets catalyzing revenues, jobs and growth opportunities both at home and abroad. OPIC achieves its mission by providing investors with financing, guarantees, political risk insurance, and support for private equity investment funds.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides support to U.S. small businesses and small –business owners across the nation through capital (loans), access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency: USTDA is an independent U.S. Government foreign assistance agency that is funded by the U.S. Congress.It's mission, is to help companies create U.S. jobs through the export of U.S. goods and services for priority development projects in emerging economies. USTDA links U.S. businesses to export opportunities by funding project planning activities, pilot projects, and reverse trade missions while creating sustainable infrastructure and economic growth in partner countries. USTDA provides grant funding to overseas project sponsors for the planning of projects that support the development of modern infrastructure and an open trading system. The hallmark of USTDA development assistance has always involved building partnerships between U.S. companies and overseas project sponsors to bring proven private sector solutions to developmental challenges.
- AmChams: AmChams advance the interests of American business overseas. They are voluntary associations of American companies and individuals doing business in a particular country, as well as firms and individuals of that country who operate in the U.S. Currently, 115 AmChams in 102 countries are affiliated with U.S. AmCham. Listings of AmChams and contact information by region of interest or country are also available.
Contact InformationCommercial Section Address:
U.S. Embassy Al-Luqta District,
22nd February Street,
P.O. Box 2399,
Phone: (974) 4488-4101 (Main); (974) 4488-4165(Direct)
Fax: (974) 488-4163
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.