JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT THE U.S. EMBASSY IN DOHA, STATE OF QATAR
We are sorry, there are no vacancies at this time
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- All applications should be submitted via e-mail to: HRODoha@state.gov
- No applications will be accepted beyond after each position's closing date.
- You will receive an auto-reply from our intake as a receipt confirmation. Please do not send your application more than once; if you are interested in two or more jobs then you will need to submit a separate application for each vacant position.
- All applications must be submitted through the corresponding DS-174 form as indicated in our Vacancy Announcements, failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Alterations or modifications to the DS-174 form will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit any supporting documents and/or cefrtificates of previous employment unless the Embassy’s Human Resources Office requests it. Bulky e-mail messages may be rejected by our server and you will risk missing your application from the recruitment process.
- Please note that we are not accepting general applications and/or applications for positions that are currently not being advertised.
CAN I SEND MY APPLICATION BY MAIL OR IN PERSON?
Our office only accepts job applications via e-mail.
SHOULD I SEND AN EMAIL TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE STATUS OF THE POSITION I APPLIED FOR?
Due to the volume of applications, our office is unable to respond to all queries individually. Only candidates called for an interview will be contacted by the Human Resources Office on the outcome of the selection process.
WHAT DO THE LANGUAGE LEVELS IN THE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY MEAN?
LEVEL I – RUDIMENTARY KNOWLEDGE
At this level an employee is, at most, required to have rudimentary verbal understanding of English or the required language that is required to understand and follow instructions.
LEVEL II – LIMITED KNOWLEDGE
At this level an employee needs a limited knowledge of written and spoken English or the required language limited to the specific occupation. An employee at this level would be expected to understand and carry put verbal instructions of a repetitive character, and to be able to prepare simple reports.
LEVEL III – GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE
At this level an employee is required to have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English or the required language. The employee should be able to read and understand agency regulations, operating instructions, memoranda, and related material concerning the field of work, to prepare correspondence and standardized reports, and to communicate effectively with English speaking staff members and the general public, including both English speaking and non-English speaking persons.
LEVEL IV – FLUENT
At this level an employee is required to possess a high degree of proficiency in both written and spoken English or the required language, including the ability to translate the host country language into precise and correct English, and/or vice versa. On occasion, an employee at this level might be expected to act as an interpreter in situations where considerable importance is attached to the proper word meaning.
LEVEL V – PROFESSIONAL (TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER OR EQUIVALENT)
This level is essentially limited to professional translator and interpreters whose proficiency in written and spoken English or the required language vocabulary truly matches that of a well educated native speaker. This includes the ability to deal effectively with highly technical and sophisticated terminology in which fine nuances of meaning may at times assume major importance in negotiations. At this level, an employee should be capable of simultaneous translation as in the case of conference reporting. An equivalent level of difficulty and responsibility relate to those employees who are required to be fluent in one or more foreign languages, or two or more distinctly different and complex native dialects.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.