Information for Residents and Travelers
The State Department maintains several resources that are useful for the U.S. expatriate or traveler. We provide general information about international travel and living abroad, travel alerts, travel warnings, and country specific information. The State Department maintains an electronic travel registration system that we use to disseminate important warden messages and to assist U.S. citizens in trouble abroad. Please use the links below to learn more about these resources.
- General Information about Traveling and Living Abroad
- General Information about Qatar
- Travel Registration and Messages to American Citizens
Residents of Qatar
Our Consular Section maintains several resources for the benefit of U.S. citizens in Qatar. We provide legal information, medical information, instructions about how to marry, and about how to obtain a U.S. police clearance for a Qatari residence permit application. Please use the links below to learn more.
- Legal Information and Local Attorney List
- Medical Information and Provider List
- Marriage in Qatar
- Police Clearance Information
U.S. Citizen Rights, Obligations, and Benefits
U.S. citizens living in Qatar can still exercise their rights and are still subject to obligations under U.S. law. If eligible, they are also entitled to receive federal benefits while living abroad. Please use the links below to learn more.
If you have a question or comment for our American Citizen Services Unit, please click on this link to contact us.
- The Embassy continues to monitor the situation in Qatar closely and will inform Americans of potential threats to their safety and security as conditions require. American citizens may visit this State Department web site for current information regarding regional conditions.